Polar Dashing Through the Snow

Online registration for the Chicago Polar Dash Half Marathon, 10K, and 5K has finally opened up. The event takes place on Saturday, January 14. I was thinking about doing the 10K but it is $45. Seems like a lot considering the half marathon is $55. I was talking to my friend Kate about my dilemma, and she suggested I just do the half. This would probably be the farthest distance we attempt to run together. She runs with Team in Training (TNT) and had planned on doing the Polar Dash all along with her cousin. Her cousin isn't able to go anymore but a few other TNT folks are doing it as well. I posted something on the Yankee Runner Facebook page but not that many folks are checking it. Plus, with the Illinois Marathon training to start soon, I'm not sure how many folks would be up for a half marathon. Either way, I'm considering it. I'm going to take a day or so to really think it through. (I get paid tomorrow so I can't make the decision until then anyways.) I had planned on increasing my training anyways, this just gives me a solid goal to work towards (other than the Shamrock Shuffle). My husband works in construction and things slow down considerably in the winter and they have started to already. Therefore, the budget gets a lot tighter in the winter. Thankfully we don't have any winter weddings, but we do have a lot of people on our Christmas list yet to buy for. Also, I was hoping to sign up for the Southwest Half Marathon before December 31 to get the discounted price. Decisions decisions....

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment