Yesterday Maggie and I had plans to hit the track to participate in Run With Jess' virtual Olympics. I had a super fun time the last time I visited a track so needless to say, I was pumped. We met up after work at the nearby high school track in between our houses. Thankfully there wasn't anything going on (we heard rumors about football practice) but we were pretty much on our own. We did quite a few distances (1500m, 800m, 400m, 200m, 100m) to compare ourselves to the Olympians. Uhhh if you cut our times in half, they were kind of close. Lol.
I was most interested to see my 400m time. My PR at the distance is 62 seconds, from 2000. I never broke the 60 second barrier and more consistently ran 64s... over 10 years ago... After completing the 1500m and 800m (we ran all of the distances together), I still had high hopes for the 400m. I ran my butt off and thought I nailed it. I had to be close to that PR, right? I was looking at my stop watch expecting to see a time in the 50s. Why? High hopes I guess... Needless to say, I was off... My stopwatch read 1:20.5... That is 80 seconds amd not even close. I still had lots to smile about--it was a lot of fun! I really liked going fast even if I'll never go pro. Hehe. That's what 5k age group awards are for, right?!
![]() |
| Maggie and I getting ready to start our 200m dash |
I ran in my Mizuno Wave Inspire 8s and I really loved how they helped grip the track and keep me on my toes. I really like these shoes for racing and will continue to wear them for 5ks in the future. While we were out there, we thought how fun it would be to participate in a local track meet with other local running clubs. But then the thought of getting the track time, the logistics of timing the various distances, etc... we thought a cross country invitational may be more fun. I guess we'll start planning after the Chicago Marathon... :)







0 comments:
Post a Comment