Early Wednesday Miles

Yesterday was a beautiful day in Chicagoland. Spring seems to finally be here and the weather had been wonderful. My cold is subsiding a bit and I've been aching to get outside and get some exercise. Last night I had planned on going for a run, but I made some bad pre-run fuel options (Baby really wanted onion rings). Instead, I decided to get up early and go for a run before work. I haven't done this in about a year (yikes), so it had been a long time coming. I laid out my outfit the night before and was ready to go when my alarm went off. My faithful morning buddy was just as excited as I was to get out there and enjoy the weather.

When running with the pup, I never leave home without a baggie, just in case. :)

My plan was to go for 2 miles, depending on how I felt. I did some loops around my neighborhood in case I needed to stop back at home. It didn't come to that because I felt great out there! The birds were chirping, Pepper was chasing all the rabbits, and the sun was coming up towards the end of the run. It was a gorgeous run and I felt great! No cramping, no pain, just some nice slooowwww miles. :) I didn't make it the whole two miles, but I had fun anyways.
Of course I had to wear my "Sweating for Two" shirt that Amanda got me from For Two Fitness. Now that the bump is getting a little bigger, I'm actually filling out the stretchy part a little bit. Haha.

This week the Runner Photo Challenge theme is "America" so I had to get in a photo of our neighbor's flag, flying proudly in the breeze.

This really was a great start to a great day! Do you often run before work? If so, how often? If not, have you ever done it before?

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment