Yesterday working from home went well, and I was able to get some stuff done. As a "late lunch," I decided to meet up with Kate and Susan from the FNRC. Kate is training for the Polar Dash and had 11 miles to complete. I met her part way for 4 miles and then ran a cool down 0.9 miles back to the car. Overall distance was 4.9 miles in 42:14 (average of 8:37 per mile). I was pretty happy with the pace as I haven't done very many speedy runs this week.
Tomorrow is the Matteson 5k that I'm very excited about. I'm going to try and break into the 22 minute category (last 5k was 23:03).
In the spirit of the new year, I've made a list of things accomplished in 2011 and goals for 2012. My mail goal for 2011 was to finish the Chicago Marathon. Things didn't workout as planned (which I've brought up a billion times), but I still got the medal!
I think these goals are achievable and I plan on using Daily Mile to help keep track of the miles and cross training, along with Athlinks to keep track of the races.
In OTHER NEWS... Toph and I are officially registered for the Warrior Dash 2012! I'm so excited as this is the first race we will both be doing, ever. He's not into races so I'm excited for us to complete this together. Obviously, the plan is to run faster than him. :)
Have you written out your goals yet for 2012? How do you plan on keeping track of them?









0 comments:
Post a Comment