I hope you all now have the Salt-N-Pepa song stuck in your head for the rest of the day. I know I will!
Today I am going over to my Aunt's house for a dinner party. I said I would bring a dessert so I whipped up these bad boys in a few minutes. It took longer to unwrap the Rolos than it did to make the dessert! I found the recipe here. Aldi didn't have pecans and I don't eat walnuts, so I improvised and used roasted almonds. They worked out just as well.
As I know I won't have time to run tonight, I hit up the office fitness center. Tuesday has been my speed work day for the past few weeks and today was no different. Today I did 10x400m for a total of 2.5 miles. I alternated between 400m at 7:00 pace and 400m at 10:00 pace (except I ran the first 400m at 9:00 pace as a kind of warm up ish). I tried to be a pro and took a pic of the treadmill when I was done, but for some reason the time didn't show up since it was in "pause" mode. As I've never taken a treadmill photo before, I assume this is a rookie mistake. Either way, I calculated out what my time would be, about 21 minutes. Thanks Excel for always knowing how to fix my problems!
I felt pretty proud of myself for this distance. Most speed workouts I stop at 2 miles or just over. That last 400m was really tough, but I was so happy when I finished. If I keep this up, I'll have no problem building a strong base for my half marathons this year! With all this blogger talk about the Las Vegas Marathon and Half Marathon, I'm getting excited for my upcoming races. I really want to do a 10k this upcoming year and any recommendations are welcome!








0 comments:
Post a Comment