When I posted a few days back about my love for all things pumpkin, reader and running group friend offered to make me some pumpkin bread. Of course I accepted this offer but the kind of forgot about it. Thankfully, Julie didn't forget and she came to our group run last night just to drop off the loaf of deliciousness. She said that it is some powerful brain food, and I gotta admit that I agree. This stuff is amazing, so.... special thanks to Julie for baking me a special load of your amazing pumpkin bread.
I know I've said this before, but I feel really luck to be a part of such a great running group. If you haven't joined one, I highly suggest you do so! There are several resources online to find running clubs in your area, but your best bet is to try a local running store as they probably have fun-runs on location.
In other "racing" news, this weekend I will be running the Hot Chocolate 15k. I did the 5k last year and the course was long but I really loved the course (you ran through the streets of Chicago). This year they changed the course, expo location, and added an extensive corral system. Maggie did a post awhile ago about "I love your race complaints" and I've gotta say that I've been loving the "complaints" on the Hot Chocolate Facebook page. This is a big downtown Chicago race. If you don't live in Chicago, expect to be inconvenienced. I won't re-hash things she may have previously mentioned, but you should check it out. I'm interested to see how this race pans out with all the changes they continue to make each year. Maybe eventually they'll figure it out?







0 comments:
Post a Comment