After a hard race and some cross training on Sunday, I took yesterday as a rest day. I'm meeting up with Amanda tonight to do 3 or 4 miles in the hills of Palos. There is a chance of snow but I brought clothes for all sorts of weather conditions so it should be interesting!
I posted little awhile ago about laundry detergent. I'm having a tough time getting the smell of sweat out of my clothes. I've been using All Free & Clear (not because I'm allergic, but because it was on sale). However, my workout clothes were still stinky (like, super stinky) after washing them 2 or 3 times. Based on a friend's suggestion, I tried Arm & Hammer. Not the Oxi Clean stuff, just the regular kind. My clothes smell really fresh, but it just seems to be masking the sweat smell instead of actually getting rid of it. My husband and I don't support Procter & Gamble (because they still test on animals [what decade is this anyways?]) so Tide, Gain, and Wisk are out of the question. I've sent a few emails to smaller companies that have sport-specific wash to see if they can send me some free sample to review and possibly give away! Stay tuned! :) And if you have any suggestions, please please let me know via comments or email!
So, who watched the Bachelor last night? These girls are so catty and some of them are seriously crazy. The concept for this show is just so bonkers to me. But that hasn't stopped me from watching this season!
Since I don't have a new photo, I'm going to recycle an old one.
| Have you ever tried vodka infused whipped cream? It is pretty amazing. |
Also, thanks so much for all of your votes. It appears that Amanda has the most "likes" on Facebook and will be CARA's Athlete of the month! I couldn't be happier for her!!
And I do have 1 more question for you guys. I'm deciding what my February 5k should be. There are really only 2 options: Warm Your Heart and Cupid Chase. Here is a little summary of each. Which one would you choose??
Warm Your Hear 5k
Sunday, 2/26
$40 Registration
Indoors
Unsure of the course
Cupid Chase 5k
Saturday, 2/11
$35 Registration
Lakefront Path (expected frigid temperatures)
Single loop course






0 comments:
Post a Comment