Treadmill vs. Ice: Winner = Treadmill

Yesterday I went to the gym with Amanda. We were going to run outside but the sidewalks and roads were icy with a layer of snow on top (to dangerously hide the ice). Since this is the exact scenario that caused my fall back in December, we decided to not risk possible injuries. Instead, we tried to find treadmills next to each other... until we realized it is January in a gym. I was tempted to pull an It's Always Sunny and yell really loud across the treadmills to make everyone want to move, but decided against it. (Please tell me you've seen the Thundergun Express episode.)

My legs were a bit tight from the 5k over the weekend so I just wanted to have an easy run. No stress, no competition, just a jog. I kept the treadmill at 9:30 pace and was really comfortable. Biggest Loser was on so it was easy to lose track of the time. I did 3.5 miles and made it home in time to watch the elimination. This show is so interesting to see who gets eliminated and their thought process. And does anyone else think Conda is a huge brat? This season seems to have some folks that are ungrateful for the experience. I mean, you're on The Biggest Loser! So many people would love to be in your shoes, while you're quitting mid week and/or arguing with your trainer regularly! The trainers know what they're doing, obviously!...

When I got home from the gym, I was pretty hungry. Thankfully there was a package waiting for me from Steph at Run For Fun full of Popchips!! (I won a giveaway on her blog!) They are a fantastic snack, and it totally hit the spot. Thanks Steph for hosting such a great giveaway!

Have you ever tried Popchips before?


I've gone back and forth regarding my February 5k. Thanks so much for all of your input! I think I'm going to do the Cupid Chase with Amanda to try and help her reach her PR (that she can totally do). We're aiming for at LEAST 27:55. :) Depending on how I'm feeling afterwards, I MAY try and still do the Valentine's 5k in Valparaiso, IN and try for my own PR. We'll see how I'm feeling and how it goes. That is still a few weekends away so there is time to prepare and decide! Have you ever completed 2 races in 1 weekend? If so, how did it work out for you?

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment