I like to lift weights. I didn't really do much lifting last marathon cycle but I've been getting more into it this year. I don't read fitness or weight lifting magazines or books so I never really know what to do in the weight room. An important part of weight lifting is your form and I never know if I'm doing it right. I'm overly flexible in my joints so things never go they way they "should." Once I know the right way, I can control the movements to make sure I'm getting the most out of my workout. Thankfully my friend Kate S. knows what's up. She has been lifting weights for a few years now and knows her way around. She has helped push me beyond the realm of baby colored weights, into believing in myself and what I can lift. Whenever I workout with her, she helps push me outside my normal range, and it is never the same routine. I always learn something new which I then try to incorporate on my own. We lifted on Sunday afternoon and I'm still not fully recovered. My arms are mega sore, but in a good "they are getting stronger" kind of way. I know if I lifted weights more often, they wouldn't be this sore. However, with all the time I need to spend studying and everything else, I'm lucky if I get a chance to go to lift weights once a month!
I have some questions for all of you!
How often do you lift weights (if at all)?
How do you look up a weight lifting routine? What resources do you use (working with a trainer, fitness magazine, YouTube videos)?
Would you be interested in finding out more about a suggested weight lifting routine?
And because every post needs a photo, here are a few quick shots of me trying to flex in the mirror of my office building locker room.
Lifting Weights
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







0 comments:
Post a Comment