Lunchtime Run and Unnecessary New Shoes

After my super running weekend, I rested on Monday but decided to go for some miles during my lunch break on Tuesday. My evenings are filled with studies so I don't really have time for much in the evenings.

I took this quick photo along the Chicago River before heading back to the office. My pace was a bit quick, but I'm enjoying the chance to go a little quicker now that the weather is nicer! It seems so much easier! :) I said it before and I'll say it again. I am LOVING these fall temperatures!! :)

This weekend my husband and I are going to visit my grandparents where we don't get good cell phone reception. It should be a fun weekend and I hope to get in some good studying time! The lake that they live on is really hilly 5 mile loop. I'm hoping to go around it once in preparation for the Zooma Great Lakes half marathon that I'll be running next weekend!

As you may know, I'm a huge fan of Asics and have been for years. The Kayano brand has gotten me through a full marathon training cycle without pain.
GR Marathon, 10/2011, Kayano 17s

I recently purchased a pair of Brooks Adrenaline and I have really liked running in them. However, when I switch back to my old Asics, it just feels like the glass slipper. I was looking on Twitter yesterday and saw an article that a new version of the Kayano is to be released in November. I am super excited to test them out, even though I'm not really in the market for a new pair of shoes. When the day comes for me to run another marathon, I just wouldn't trust any other shoe.

Do you have shoe loyalty as well? Have you ever gotten really excited about a new shoe version coming out?

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment