Rowing 101

As I have mentioned a few times before, we have a rowing machine in our basement. My husband's aunt and uncle were going to get rid of it and asked if we wanted it. We agreed and I've enjoyed it ever since. I really love it for cross training as it keeps the impact on the knees and feet low as you're working out your arms and back. I think it helps with toning in general, especially if you don't always have time to lift weights. Now that rowing is part of some cross fit workouts, it is definitely getting more press and most gyms have a few machines. I highly recommend checking it out, if you haven't already. Our glamorous rowing machine is pictured below. It has seen better days, but it gets the job done.


I have been using it for the past year, not really thinking much about form and just trying to mimic the form of those on Biggest Loser. However, it never once occurred to me to look up correct rowing form on YouTube until Monday.

Turns out, I've been doing it wrong this whole time. Oops! I guess that's what happens when you guess on something instead of looking it up. Since watching an intro video, I feel like a pro when I use the terminology (that they explain in the video). "Those last few drives were tough." etc. Lol


What is your favorite type of cross training? I usually get bored so I have to switch it up. How many days a week do you cross train? I try to do it once a week, but sometimes I'll fall off the bandwagon for a few weeks...

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment