Friday Recipe: Vegetarian Chicken Salad

Yesterday I had a taste for chicken salad. When looking for recipes, Pinterest was my go-to, naturally. However, it seemed like they had a lot of recipes for salads with chicken on top, but no recipes that were fitting what I was looking for. I told my mom about it and she emailed me a delicious sounding recipe that had all the ingredients I had a taste for.

3 fake chicken breasts
1 cup seedless grapes, halved
1/2 cup granny smith apples
handful of chopped almonds
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce (for your vegetarian/vegan Worcestershire needs, check out FakeMeats.com!)
1/4 cup Greek yogurt
1/4 cup mayonnaise
Rolls to put crap on (I opted for pretzel rolls versus the traditional croissant)
Makes 4-5 healthy servings

The recipe really called for 1 small minced onion, 1 cup chopped celery, and a 1/2 cup mayonnaise. The hubs hates raw celery so I omitted it. We also are not huge fans of raw onion either so I went with the onion powder instead. Also, to cut down on some of heaviness of traditional "salad" types, I halfed the mayo and subbed for Greek yogurt.


The best thing about this recipe is that it didn't really require much. While the 3 chicken breasts were cooking, I had time to dice the green apple, half the grapes, measure out the rest of the spices and ingredients in a bowl. Since the "chicken" only takes a few minutes on each side, everything was done and ready within 10 minutes.


I really loved that this recipe had the sweet aspects of the grapes and apples, but the savory aspects of the chicken and Worcestershire sauce. I highly recommend this recipe which is why I wanted to share it with all of you!

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment