Last night I worked late and was able to catch up on the Biggest Loser from last week. I don't know what it was like in previous seasons, but a lot of these folks seem like jerks. Does anyone have similar thoughts? While watching the Biggest Loser, I was inspired to do some workouts. I did all my normal core exercises and also tried to do some pushups. Wow, pushups are way harder than I remember. I could barely do 5 on my knees. Maybe one day I'll be able to do a normal one?A recent announcement on Facebook over the weekend was that the Get Lucky 7k/21k was coming to Chicago. The race is being put on by Team Ortho (Monster Dash, Polar Dash). I've heard positives and negatives of both races, so I'm not sure about my feelings on Team Ortho. But I'm totally smitten/sucked in by the idea of another St. Patrick's Day themed race. The swag: a zip up jacket with the "Get Lucky" slogan on the front, a race medal with a shamrock on it. Let's be honest, I just really really want that shamrock medal! There are plenty of other spring races that are traditional half marathons, but their medal doesn't have a shamrock on it. (Haha I guess you can take the girl out of the South Side Irish but you can't take the South Side Irish out of the girl!)
I'm officially signed up for the Cupid Chase 5k this Saturday. I'll be pacing Amanda for a birthday PR (that I know she can totally get). I still plan on running the Valparaiso Valentine 5k on Sunday too, so this should be a fun and busy weekend! Will you be racing this weekend? If so, what race?
Serious Internal Debate
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






0 comments:
Post a Comment