Weekend Roundup

Friday afternoon I was able to sneak away to the gym on my lunch break so I biked for 20 minutes and ran a mile on the treadmill. I got so bored on the bike, I just couldn't handle more than 20 min. It was weird to run just one mile but it felt good. I decided to take it easy since I knew I had a long run on Saturday.

Saturday morning I got up on time and met my running group for 9 or 10 miles. I ran 9 last week and felt good so I wanted to repeat the mileage. We ran through the hills and on a local trail. There was tons of uneven terrain from the soft ground that had frozen footprints and horse marks throughout the trail. Our pace leader, Jeanne, tripped on a rock and fell. It was pretty scary to see a friend down and not moving, uncertain if there was a possible injury. After waiting for a few minutes and assessing the situation, she checked her knee saw a scrape and got up. We were all really worried but she finished her miles and walked away with only a scrape and some aches. Thankfully she was okay! That is something to be careful for! I had an idea of what she was feeling, having slipped on the trail a few months back. It is never a good feeling to be on the ground after a fall. Have you ever fallen while out on a run? Did you have any injuries as a result? I was lucky to only have a sore ankle for a day or two but that was it.

 In the end, I finished 10.71 miles (so much for "9 or 10") and was pretty proud of it. It was a beautiful day for a run and I was happy to get out there and enjoy it! I put on my compression sleeves afterwards and didn't have any calf pain. Speaking of compression, I haven't mentioned yet that I won a pair of CEP Compression shorts from Steph at Run for Fun! I am so excited to be hopping on the CEP train and I cannot wait to use them for my next long hard run. I will be sure to take some photos and such once they arrive and I have given them a try! :)

Saturday night Toph and I attended my Grandma's 80th birthday party at the local pizza place.
For her gift, we all gave her gift cards to her favorite places. I thought that was a creative idea and perfect for my grandma and grandpa's budget!

Sunday I took a rest day and watched 6 episodes of Glee and am now officially addicted. I had never seen the show and I knew once I did I would love it. So now I'm watching season 1 and I love it, just as I knew I would. Now I have to get caught up to the current season.

Also, I woke up this morning with a runny nose. I'm worried I'm getting sick! I didn't get much sleep the past few weeks so that probably didn't help. Time to drink lots of vitamin c and get extra sleep! Hopefully this cold blows over in a couple days and doesn't hold me back. Are any of you guys feeling sick? I know with the weather changing, there has to be something going around!

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment