I've done quite a few races this year and it seems that most races these days are offering tech or dry-fit shirts in their swag bags. I'm glad this is a popular trend as that means I'll be actually wearing the shirt. However, cotton shirts are still popular at smaller or lower-budget races and my pile of t-shirts continues to grow. I think the main question is, what do we do with these cotton race shirts??
Traditional Uses:
New & Creative Uses:
1) Make a t-shirt quilt, or have a friend make you one.
I can't even sew a button back on properly so I wouldn't attempt to make one myself, but I know Maggie has a friend that made one for one of her American Cancer Society raffles. If you're interested, her Etsy page can be found here. Also instructions on how to make your own can be found here.
![]() |
| Source |
2) Turn into a reusable grocery tote
![]() |
| Source |
3) Keep in the car to wipe off your forehead (or body) after a particularly sweaty run
Everyone will marvel at your amazing idea. I always forgot a towel to wipe off myself after sweaty runs. This idea will put you ahead of the curve and the envy of your running friends.
4) Use to help dry your hair after a shower
6) Give to your husband/spouse/father/sibling for "garage" use
Also can be used as rags to clean up dog pee if your dog has an "I'm excited to see another dog" peeing issues.
![]() |
| Special thanks to our cat models, Data (top) and Olive (bottom) |
Note: Animals do not like wearing cotton either.
What do you do with your cotton t-shirts? Do you have any additional ideas to add?
What do you do with your cotton t-shirts? Do you have any additional ideas to add?

















0 comments:
Post a Comment