Olympic Anticipation

The London games are less than a month away (27 days away to be exact). I CAN'T WAIT!! Ever since I was a little girl, I always loved the Olympics. Whatever event was on, I wanted to watch it. The winter Olympic games are fun, but the summer games are where its at. Ever since 2012 began, I knew it was coming. Each month, I continue to get more and more excited. In April, this commercial made its way around the internet and the TV. It still gives me goosebumps every time I watch it.


Then, there have been the Visa commercials highlighting some momentus struggles and triumphs. These are two of my favorites (more goosebumps)



And then last night a Lolo Jones video popped up on my Facebook feed. Naturally I HAD to watch it. She was so close in 2008. She will get it in 2012. I just know it. :)

So the fever has continued well into this morning and I decided to watch more YouTube videos during my commute (instead of blogging or reading). I caught up on what Lolo has been up to since 2008 including some successful indoor events and additional wins in 2011 and 2012. Ahh! Can't wait!

Even though he isn't from the U.S. I can't help but cheer and get excited to watch Usain Bolt. I mean, this is earth-shattering, record-breaking stuff. How can one man break so many records and still have room for improvement?!


Then of course, there is the women's marathon. Perhaps the event I am looking forward to the most. The trials were in January. The final races before the big event have been completed by most of the US participants in recent months. During Desiree Davila's 2011 Boston marathon, you could literally hear the papers shuffling of the announcers, trying to look up information on who this amazing racer was. Now she is part of the 2012 Olympic team alongside my besties Kara Goucher and Shalane Flanagan. Seeing these women race is so inspiring in so many ways (hello, Kara is a mom!)

And thanks to the folks at Oiselle, I won the Instagram t-shirt contest and specifically requested the London Calling tee. They obliged so I will be wearing that thing during all of these events. GO TEAM USA!!!

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment