Today is National Running Day. How are you celebrating? I'll be running 5 miles tonight as recovery for my speedwork yesterday.
Every Friday my coach sends me my workouts for the upcoming week, which is nice because then I have time to coordinate my schedule and mentally prepare for the impending speedwork. This week's speedwork was a "ladder" as follows: 400, 800, 1600, 800, 400. As soon as I saw what I was supposed to do, I knew it was a workout meant for the track. When I told Toph I was headed for the track, he seemed confused that running in circles would be more fun than out on the trail. I haven't been on a track since high school so I was absolutely giddy at the mere thought of running on a real track. I arrived and instantly felt like I belonged there. (Maybe because I participated at a track meet at said track when I was in high school.) It was kind of a weird feeling. I ran around a few times to get in my 1.5 mile warm up and determine my preferred lane. I had a side cramp to start that went away once I got moving. Thank goodness for warm ups! Once I got rolling, I nailed all my splits. I know that you don't walk away from every speed workout feeling confident, but at this one, I did. I met my all of my goals and pushed it in the 2nd half. It was a great workout and one of those days when you can't help but think "OMFG I LOVE RUNNING!!"
I whipped out the camera and took some pics on the cool down as I couldn't contain my excitement. Smiles all around. When's the last time you had a workout that you couldn't help but smile (and maybe brag a little) about?
And the winner of the 5k entry is...







0 comments:
Post a Comment