Random Thursday Thoughts

Today is my goal 5k for the summer. The temperatures the past few days in the evenings have been beautiful (low to mid 70s with a cool breeze). Of course today, on race day, temperatures are expected to be in the low 80s by the time the gun goes off. I'm going to try not to stress about the heat. I did a 10 mile progressive run when it was in the high 70s/low 80s (but the sun had set) and I did a 6 mile "run" when it was 97 degrees so have done some things to prepare for the heat. Am I ready to run a 5k at PR pace when it is 82 degrees out? I don't know, but I'm certainly going to try. If it doesn't work out, I won't be crushed. That's the thing about 5ks, there are always a million of them. I can work towards one on a later date (there are a few on my radar in August and September). I am super excited that my coach will out there to spectate and cheer. I know I'm going to have a fun time, regardless of what the clock says. If you plan on being there, meet up with us!!

Yesterday I ran 5 miles around my neighborhood and almost got attacked by a vicious chihuahua. Yes, you read the dog breed right. This thing was growling, barking, and snarling at me. Thankfully I was able to keep it at bay, shielding my left shin with the bottom of my right shoe. Why do people have their dogs outside and not on a leash? I've had this scenario happen a couple times. Luckily I'm a dog person and try my best to remain calm, but people have to get their ish together. Now, speaking of dogs, I thought I would post this amazing photo my husband's uncle took of our pup.


I mean, I know our dog is adorable but I really, really love this photo. Would it be creepy for me to get this printed in an 8x10 to hang on our living room wall? I didn't think so either. :)

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment