Lady Problems (Not the Kind You're Thinking Of)

I recently added a new tab "famous runners" so I can keep track of the various running celebrities I've met over time. Although, I just had to add in the most famous person I've ever met, even though he's not a runner.

Growing up, I always wore tons of frilly girly stuff. Pink sweatshirts, bows in my hair, purple and turquoise jeans (hey, it was the 90s). Then, I got to a certain age and really grew out of the color pink. I'm not a fan of things pink and girly and you won't find much pink in my everyday wardrobe. The color doesn't really suit me, and I never think to buy it. (I always said that if I had a baby girl, she would never be in frilly dresses. Well, I have a female dog and she has just about everything pink so...)

When it comes to running clothes, apparently, I am in the minority. At the Chicago Marathon Expo, this was clear, as almost all of the running clothes in women's sizes (regardless of brand) were pink. I really don't understand this. Just because I'm a girl, doesn't mean I like the color pink. Give me navy blue, grey, green... These colors are rarely available in women's sizes, just in general. Is it just me? Am I alone in my thinking? Has anyone else noticed this? (I think the only pink item I own is my favorite running thing.)

I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm totally on team purple.

Lavender Oiselle Lori Shorts
Purple ProCompression Marathon Socks
Brooks Adrenaline 12
Pepper Approved.
But as I've said before, variety is the spice of life! Since I won't do pink, purple is usually the next best "girly" option. I know there are plenty of females out there that love the color pink. I am just not one of them. I wish there were more companies that had a variety of colors for women. I think there are enough of us out there to support non-pink clothing.

What do you think? Do you love to wear pink? Do you wish women's running clothes came in more color varieties?

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment