13.1 Half Marathon Giveaway

Last year I wasn't able to run the 13.1 half marathon because I was volunteering for a Ragnar Relay team. This year, I'm also participating in Ragnar so I am unable to run the 13.1 for the 2nd year in a row. However, I've heard good things from my fellow runner friends and I really do hope that conditions are better than last year. (There's no way it can be THAT hot 2 years in a row, right?... RIGHT?)


Here is a little background about the race. This year, it takes place on Saturday, June 8th with a start time of 7am (nice and early for a June race). The course is along the lakefront path, starting and finishing at the South Shore Cultural center. So it at least gives a little bit of a different perspective of the lakefront path than usual.

Also, if you run the 13.1 and the Chicago Half Marathon, you'll complete the Windy City Challenge and receive an additional medal! (A full description of the Windy City Challenge is available on both websites.)

Why am I going on and on about the 13.1? Well, because I have been offered to give away one entry to the event to a lucky reader! 

All you have to do to enter is leave me a comment mentioning a way you keep cool when running on a hot summer day.

Best of luck everyone! Who else is looking forward to some summer running?

FNRC on a hot summer night's run
The giveaway will be open for 1 week and entries will be taken until Wednesday, March 13 at 11:59pm CST. The winner will be announced on Thursday, March 14.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment