If you're following this blog for nothing but healthy recipes, you've come to the wrong place. I like to live a lifestyle that balances the healthy and unhealthy delicious things in life.
I always love having avocados at home. They are always delicious and I could have them with every meal at any time. The other day I had one that was at the perfect ripeness and I needed to use it ASAP. But it was breakfast time! What to do? Make some breakfast nachos, of course! I've made these a couple times before but I thought I would share the idea/recipe with you. The recipe is super complicated so be sure to keep up.
Ingredients:
2 eggs
vegetables of your choosing (I chose mushrooms and tomatoes)
1 avocado
1/8-1/4 cup of shredded cheese (pepper jack works wonderful)
Spices for seasoning (my favorite trifecta: Lawry's, garlic salt, pepper to taste)
tortilla chips (El Ranchero, only the best)
First, I sauteed the mushrooms and tomatoes together with a little salt and pepper.
I then added the eggs and the spice trifecta (Lawry's seasoning salt, pepper, garlic salt).
After the eggs started cooking a smidge, I added the cheese. I continued to stir the eggs until they were cooked all the way through (no raw eggs allowed). When the eggs were ready, I cut up the avocado and topped the eggs with 1/2 of an avocado. Then, instead of using a fork, I used tortilla chips. Voila! Breakfast nachos!
It sounds simple enough, but why have I never had this at a restaurant? I feel like it would be super duper popular. I mean, I'd order it!








0 comments:
Post a Comment