Change of Plans

A long time ago I registered for the Palos Half Marathon as a goal race. I knew a lot of my running friends were going to be there. It is a flat and fast course so I was aiming for a big PR. Then, I tried to do too many things. I signed up for a ton of races and committed myself to a lot of other things. I can't PR them all so I have decided to choose goal races and stop trying to do too much. I've decided to run the Palos Half Marathon this weekend as a training run. I already beat my original goal for the year of beating the 2:00 mark for a half marathon. Now it is time to work on base building, fundamentals, and sharpening as I see what I can do!

I'm going to run the half marathon this weekend as a training run and just have fun with it. Old Kelly would have found this to be a real challenge. Post-marathon Kelly is okay with it and looking forward to the end goal.

I've decided to have two goal races this summer.

1) Rock N Roll Half Marathon
2) Jim Gibbons 5k

I haven't run a Rock N Roll race before, but I know there will be lots of people. I'm hoping to thrive off of the energy of a big race like this. I know there will be strangers around me to compete with so I can push it to the limit! :)

The Jim Gibbons 5k was my first 5k ever back in 2006. I haven't done the race in the past few years and I think it would be fun to reflect and reminisce about how much has changed since 2006. As this race is on a Thursday evening, I think it would be fun to get a group of Chicago Bloggers to come out and enjoy the fun! If you work in the loop, I can't think of a valid excuse NOT to run it! ;)

Have you had to change your race goals because you are your own worst enemy sometimes?

What are your thoughts on quality over quantity when it comes to racing?

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment