Sweaty Elbows and Sweet Potato Chips

I woke up today thinking it was Thursday. I hate when that happens! Things at work are picking up so I'm spending more time at work and riding the non-express train home (which adds and additional 30-40 minutes to my commute). This is also the time when fitting in runs becomes more difficult yet important at the same time. Difficult because I have to plan ahead and keep my gym bag with me (including multiple outfit options) on most days. Important because I need time to relieve stress and clear my head.

Yesterday I only had a short amount of time to get in some miles so I chose the treadmill (plus, I was able to watch old episodes of Parks and Recreation). The plan was 4 miles but once I was only able to squeeze in 3 before I had to rush out the door to make my train. I was disappointed but if I missed my train, the next one wasn't for an hour (changing my eta home from 9pm to 10pm). Sooo I did 3 miles easy and laughed out loud at P&R while folks around me probably looked at me weird. That show is so funny that it was totally worth it. Have you had to cut workouts short because life got in the way? Please tell me you've seen Parks and Recreation?

As I may have mentioned before, I'm kind of a big sweater. I sweat a lot. Recently I noticed a new sweat problem when on the treadmill--my elbows. Strange, I know. I feel it dripping off my elbows and I try to wipe it on my shirt, knowing I look like a spaz when I do it. Do you have strange sweat problems when running on the treadmill too? Please don't tell me I'm the only one...

I got home and decided to munch on some sweet potato chips as a snack while deciding on dinner. Mistake! I finished off the rest of the bag too easily. Those things are just so good! Now I have to stop at the grocery store to pick up more on my way home. (Yes, "have" to...)

Yesterday my dog had a play date at my MIL's house with her two best friends.

As you can tell, she is gigantic compared to them. She decided to take a nap yesterday and my MIL sent me this series of photos. I thought it was completely hysterical. I don't think she realizes how big she is and she thinks she's a lap dog.
At 60 lbs, she is most definitely not a lap dog, but still totally adorable.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment