Photo Challenge -- Favorite Running Thing

This week Mag Mile Runner's photo challenge is to name your favorite running thing.

What is your favorite running “thing”? Something that you either HAVE to have for every run or race, or something you don’t always have or use, but look forward to eating/using/wearing before, during or after a run. Maybe it completely changed your running, or is something you just really like. It can be something you wear, something you eat, something you use (in reality or digitally), etc, but it has to be a thing.

At first, I wanted to name my Garmin. But I know I depend too much on technology sometimes so I wanted to think of something else I use all the time that I really enjoy. The winner: Nike Running Cyclone Jacket! This is something I saw one of my fellow Yankee Runners wearing on a misty summer day during marathon training. She told me she had gotten it at Marshall's so I rushed over there and purchased one.

Best. Purchase. Ever. It only cost about $30-$35 (because it was at Marshall's) and I wear it all the time. It is really light so perfect for the outermost layer when it is cold and/or snowing. (I purchased a size up than I normally would have and that was a great decision for layering.)

But also light enough to wear when it is warmer and rainy. It is even comfortable enough to wear during a half marathon...
Or running with a friend while she completes a full marathon!
 
I keep finding new ways to make this photo relevant enough to post.
Even my bestie Kara thinks so too! So many people have asked me where I got this jacket so here are some of the details in case you are interested in purchasing one too. I really wish I would have bought more (and I plan on buying another one if I see it again at Marshall's). I know Maggie found hers on eBay and I've seen them on the clearance rack at the Nike Outlet as well. Gingerfoxxx picked one up too, but I'm not sure where she got hers. It really is the perfect running jacket and I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a jacket to wear in the rain or snow.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment